Thursday, October 9, 2008

One foot in front of the other...and no thinking about it...


I find the only way I’ll get through the next 3 days is to keep busy – really busy. I refuse to sit and think about he what ifs, since I know the reality is, there is nothing I can do now that will change the outcome that God has already planned, and therefore, I’m spending my time, washing, cleaning, playing, writing, organizing, and just about every other –ing you can think of.
This morning Irina managed to get about ½ of the new stuff needed for our documents and then picked us up and brought us to the BH for a short visit with Harry while she continued on her scavenger hunt for the right seals, and right signatures, and right everything. Our attorney here in Russia says to do as the judge asked, as it is manageable, and once we do, we SHOULD get a very quick court date…I can’t think about that one too long – so, as I said, I just keep busy.

Our visit with Harry was short but sweet. When they again tried to route us to the scary big room near the gym he cried wildly, so they let us play in the sleeping room. He was fine there, no problem. I KEEP THINKING THAT IF ANY FAMILIES WANT TO SEE HIM, THEY HOPEFULLY WILL MAKE THEM VISIT IN THE SCARY ROOM! That would guarantee a less than favorable visit!

Today we brought Mike’s laptop with pictures of our family. Harry really liked that. He enjoyed seeing Skip at the beach, with the dog, playing in the sandbox, etc. He kept saying “Vo-ta-na Skip” (There he is, Skip). Of course if a DVD player with its 7 or 8 buttons was fun for Harry – a computer with all the keyboard and other keys made it near impossible to get him to settle down and just watch! He touched every key at least 2x, before watching for any length of time…but once he did, he enjoyed. We also played with some little trucks, and I sat with him to teach him to count with my Homemade (err, ApartmentMade) counting puzzles. I cut up an old file folder we had in octagon shaped “pieces” then cut each one in half “jigsaw puzzle style”. On one piece I put a number from one to 8 (ran out of folder material to use after 8) and on the matching piece, I put the same number of stickers (which I brought along for Skip’s homeschoolin’ but came in handy!). He enjoyed the puzzle making aspect more than the “learnin’” but he did fine. We did it several times, and I think he’s catching on. With him, like Skip, he would rather be moving, than sitting, but if you catch his attention, he does well. I have been unable to find such a puzzle in the stores here, so I had to take matters into my own hands! Worked out! Knowing he sleeps in bed 10, I went up and down the aisle pointing to every one except 10, asking him if it was his. Finally when I pointed to the last bed - his bed - he beamed broadly, "Da, Da" he shrieked! Very cute - and a good way to work on his counting since I said the number of each bed as I did!!

Today he gave BIG hugs to us all when he had to leave for lunch. I managed to catch Poppa’s big hug on the camera for once!

Irina is still out trying to get what we need for us, but she thinks we will all need to go to Irkutsk for one set of stamps, ugh! I’ve begun dreading that commute. Traffic, crazy drivers, lots of idle time in a small car that just drives Skip crazy. It’s weird because he is normally and EXCELLENT traveler! Oh well – just one more thing over which we have NO control! Of course, if Irina & Vova didn’t drive us to all these places, and do the running around for us while we visit Harry, we’d be in big trouble. They are AMAZING!

Okay, I can’t sit too long, because when I do, I think, and we can’t have that!

Thanks to all who have sent encouraging emails & posts. I am truly blessed to haves such friends & family!

Oh, by the way, we awoke to the first REAL snow here. It snowed all morning, stuck to the grass & some paved surfaces, but now the sun is out! Winter’s here as the pictures above show!






3 comments:

  1. what a perfect picture to end the day's report with -- that's precious!!

    Phil 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything but in everytting by prayer and petition... present your requests to God."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative! I would have NEVER thought of that puzzle thing...I love that!

    Keeping busy is a good thing! Goodness knows we've gotten good at that over the years!

    Thinking about you and praying for this week to GET OVER and for that train to pull OUT of the station :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay busy with the -ing things...we continue to be pray-ing!

    We wait in hope of the Lord; He is our hope and our shield. Psalm 33:20

    Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear your thoughts as we complete our journey to bring Harry home!